Letters to Nolan: 18 Months
Happy 18 months, just a few days late! We’ve had a rough few weeks of sickness in our house and I’m a little behind on real life stuff right now. You, Charlotte and I all had flu-like symptoms for a few days, and you were diagnosed with your very first ear infection.Your doctor said it was remarkable that you hadn’t had one until now, but it didn’t make life any easier. Thankfully, we are all feeling much better now and you are back to your energetic, crazy toddler self.
There’s just something about having a child turn 18 months old (and especially when that child is my last baby). It feels like we are slowly but surely putting all things “baby” behind us and adapting to full-fledged toddler life. Of course, you are still very much attached to your bottles and we have no plans to move you out of your crib anytime soon, but the way you play rough and tumble, climb, and voice your VERY LOUD opinions is miles and miles from the sleepy newborn we brought home a year and a half ago.
Nolan, at 18 months you:
- Weigh 24 pounds 8 ounces
- Wear size 18 month and 18-24 month clothing, size 5 shoes and size 5 diapers
- Got a tooth this past month, so now you have a whopping 5 teeth
- Are doing better, but still aren’t sleeping through the night. But at least you aren’t waking up before 6:00 am anymore, so I’ll take it, for now
- Are mimicking us a lot and saying a lot of individual words, although not consistently. But you are constantly “talking”, so I know verbal communication is coming
- Finally have a “big boy” carseat after almost 18 months in the infant carrier. You are much happier sitting up tall beside your sister.
- Love to give Grayson hugs. You’ll snuggle up next to him, lay your head on him and say “Aaaaaa” and it’s pretty much the sweetest thing ever
- Adore Charlotte but also think it’s hilarious to torture her by pulling off her headband, taking her toys or pushing down her block towers. Sigh.
- Are loving being outside more and more and will go to the backdoor and whine to go out.