Finished!: #NaBloPoMo Day 30
December 1, 2016
I did it- thirty consecutive blog posts! So far this month, my blog has been viewed 18,032 times. These are definitely not big-time blogger stats at all, but for this little blog, that number kind of blows my mind. Before this month, I’d only blogged (on here) 36 times in 2016, and now my total is up to 66 posts for the year. That still pales in comparison to 2011, when I blogged 148 posts!
Although I definitely won’t be keeping up the pace of a post per day, I do hope to continue writing here more frequently, because I enjoyed this month and getting back to regular writing a lot more than I even thought I would. I did this month for the “challenge”, but meeting my goal aside, I loved the writing itself.
Some things I learned this month:
- I learned that although I do love writing about my kids, my best (and most viewed) posts were not on them. I’m kind of over reading Mommy blogs and sort of over Mommy-blogging myself. I’m emerging from the fog of everything in my life- my interests, my time, my reading- being about kid stuff. I love reading about, thinking about, and writing about politics, religion, and issues related to social justice. And I want more. A few years ago I changed the name of my blog to A New Version of Me. I think that title perfectly fits where I am in life at this moment.
- I learned that some people would prefer that I just shut the hell up and go back to Mommy-blogging.
- I learned that the world won’t end and I won’t be left with no friends if I post something that pisses off a whole lot of people.
- I learned that relationships can actually be strengthened and deepened by disagreements.
- I learned that the more I write, the more I want to write, and the easier it is to write.
Thanks for hanging in there with me this month- it was fun, challenging, and thought provoking.
I have loved your posts this month! I have yet to write mine tonight but I will have done 29/30 days and I'm pretty proud too! Thanks for doing this with me 😉
I am so glad you participated in NaBloPoMo this month. Your posts have been a gift. Thank you for participating!
I never commented but I think you are a fabulous writer and will read anything you write. Thank you for all your insight.
It's been fantastic to read posts from you all month, E, I mean that! I learn a lot from you. It's been nice to hear more from you again. 😉
Love it friend. I cherish every word from your brilliant mind!
Way to go!! You did a great job with the challenge. It's fun seeing how we grow and change and refocus over the years and how that plays out in our writing, you know?