Finished!: #NaBloPoMo Day 30
I did it- thirty consecutive blog posts! So far this month, my blog has been viewed 18,032 times. These are definitely not big-time blogger stats at all, but for this little blog, that number kind of blows my mind. Before this month, I’d only blogged (on here) 36 times in 2016, and now my total is up to 66 posts for the year. That still pales in comparison to 2011, when I blogged 148 posts!
Although I definitely won’t be keeping up the pace of a post per day, I do hope to continue writing here more frequently, because I enjoyed this month and getting back to regular writing a lot more than I even thought I would. I did this month for the “challenge”, but meeting my goal aside, I loved the writing itself.
Some things I learned this month:
- I learned that although I do love writing about my kids, my best (and most viewed) posts were not on them. I’m kind of over reading Mommy blogs and sort of over Mommy-blogging myself. I’m emerging from the fog of everything in my life- my interests, my time, my reading- being about kid stuff. I love reading about, thinking about, and writing about politics, religion, and issues related to social justice. And I want more. A few years ago I changed the name of my blog to A New Version of Me. I think that title perfectly fits where I am in life at this moment.
- I learned that some people would prefer that I just shut the hell up and go back to Mommy-blogging.
- I learned that the world won’t end and I won’t be left with no friends if I post something that pisses off a whole lot of people.
- I learned that relationships can actually be strengthened and deepened by disagreements.
- I learned that the more I write, the more I want to write, and the easier it is to write.