Letters to Charlotte: 14 Months
My sweet, sassy little girl- today you are 14 months old and it is the first day of spring! It’s a beautiful day today and I hope we have many more of these to come so we can start having fun outside! Every day, I marvel at the little person you are becoming, complete with your own individual personality and opinions. Oh, your opinions. You have no shortage of those. However, along with those opinions comes a shortage on patience. You want what you want NOW and absolutely detest hearing the word “No”- a word that makes you melt into a puddle of tears and screams.
Yes, we are struggling with some difficult times, but those are nothing compared to the sweet moments that fill the rest of our days.
Charlotte, this is you at 14 Months:
- You weigh 21 pounds and are in size 18 month clothing, size 3 shoes, and size 4 diapers.
- You have 4 teeth, although the second top middle tooth is only about half way in.
- Have the sweetest little curls.
- You have transitioned from formula to almond milk and LOVE it. You suck it down and beg for more. You are still drinking your milk from a bottle, but weaning you from that is another challenge for another day. You are also nursing about 3 times a day.
- Your favorite foods are strawberries, oranges, black beans, waffles with peanut butter, yogurt, avocado, cheese, and crackers. You think that if I gave you some of my morning coffee that you would love that too, and throw daily tantrums when I won’t give in to your begging.
- Go to bed around 6:30 pm and are sleeping through the night most nights, after a few weeks of struggling with wake-ups. You are also napping really well during the day.
- Crawling and being carried are still your preferred methods of getting around. You are slowly but surely figuring out how to walk- you take about 4-5 steps on your own but then plop yourself down to crawl to your destination. The anticipation of you learning to walk on your own and watching you figure it out has been fun.
- You are learning new words every day, and can mimic most everything we say.
- Can identify the body parts nose, eyes, mouth, ears, and (Mommy’s) belly button.
- You are a social butterfly, and love going to school, church, and play dates to see your friends and play with new, exciting toys.
- When we say “I love you” you give hugs, kisses and blow kisses with a very dramatic hand motion and “Mmmm- ah”
Charlotte, you are the funniest, sweetest, most beautiful little girl. I love you so, so much- Happy 14 months!