Thanks to all who checked in with us and prayed about Grayson’s genetics appointment this morning. Unfortunately, the testing did not give Grayson a genetic diagnosis of Leighs, which is very disappointing. However, like I said before, this is what I was expecting to hear, so it wasn’t devastating. We are now at the end of the road as far as genetic testing goes, at least until the science gets more advanced. I am really at peace with this; it’s been a long two years of searching for answers, and it will be nice not to have to wait for and wonder about results anymore. And Grayson does have a clinical diagnosis (the geneticist said he is textbook Leighs/Mito) and I am hopeful he will be able to have access to the clinical trial drug for his disease sometime soon. Currently the drug is only available to those with a genetic diagnosis, which is the main reason we wanted that diagnosis today.
In other, happier, news, I had an OB appointment today and I am at 3 cm already! Without being TMI, my body is screaming that I am READY for this baby to come OUT. My doctor thinks Baby C will make his/her appearance either this weekend or early next week! (And some are confused about the “C”- both our girl and boy name start with C).
So it was a big day around these parts- I will keep you posted!