Letters to Nolan: 2 Years Old
Happy Birthday to our baby, the caboose of our family. You are two. TWO! Honestly, I have no wistfulness about your babyhood slipping away or you being the last one; I’m excited for big kid stuff!
You are a busy guy these days, with lots of budding interests. You love anything with wheels, and call 75% of vehicles “firetrucks”. For your birthday, you got all sorts of cars, trucks and construction equipment. You are in little boy Heaven.
You are talking like crazy now, and are starting to put sentences together. “I don’t like it” and “What happened?” are two of the most frequent we hear. You are still so, so loud, and get louder and louder until you get a response. The two year old tantrums have started too, and they are intense, but thankfully usually can be diffused quickly.
Nolan, at 2 years old you:
- Weigh 28 pounds 5 ounces
- Wear size 24 month and 2T clothing, size 5 diapers and size 6 shoes
- Have 10 teeth
- Still go to sleep with a bottle. Shame on Mommy.
- Start school this week! You’ll be going three days a week from 8:45-2:30. I know you are going to love school and do great
- Survived your first hurricane less than two weeks ago. What a crazy week it was.
- Are so funny about your clothes. You know that some of your clothes were your cousin Theo’s and you refuse to wear anything that wasn’t his. You ask me every time I get you dressed: Theo’s? Yes, baby, this was Theo’s.
- Love to watch Fireman Sam, Little Baby Bum, and Daniel Tiger
- Always want to be with your siblings. You ask about them when they aren’t around.
Nolan, I’m so excited to watch you grow this year. You are so cute, fun and funny, and I love you so, so much. Happy Birthday Noly Poly!