Letters to Nolan: 21 Months
Sweet summertime is here! And you, my sweet little boy, are soaking it up. As in, you are soaking wet more often than not these days. Your favorite activity right now is playing with the hose in the backyard. You stand at the back door and say, “Outside! Wet!” begging to go soak yourself. Yesterday, we went to the neighborhood pool for the first time and you fearlessly went down that water slide about 20 times in a row. However, the one time I looked away for 3 seconds while you were supposed to be climbing the steps of the slide, you were running straight for the ladder of the big pool. You are a runner and a limit-tester, and I literally cannot take my eyes off you.
Nolan, at 21 months you:
- Weigh 26 pounds, 13 ounces
- Wear size 18-24 month clothing (some 2T shirts), size 6 shoes, and size 5 diapers
- Cut several teeth this month! You now have 8!
- Are sleeping better at night- most days you stay in bed until at least 6:30- Hallelujah! You are also napping fairly consistently- about 2-3 hours a day.
- Still love your bottles. I know I should be weaning you from them, but they really are the last “baby” thing left about you, and you are so, so sweet when you drink them and play with your hair at the same time.
- Are a fairly good eater, and have started asking for “snacks” a million times a day like your sister. Arg!
- Your vocabulary continues to grow. You shout “Charlotte!” more than any other word, and the cutest is when we ask you something and you say, “Ummmm…yeah!”
- You also sing! You can sing the ABC song, some of the songs Charlotte learned at school this year, and some non-sensical songs you belt out while dancing.
- Have a security object! Since Charlotte is so attached to her beanie baby dog Milton, we decided to try a beanie baby dog with you too. You now have Bo, and he sleeps with you and you get excited when we give him to you. “Bo! Bo!”
- Have been very sweet with your big brother lately. You will find his rings or iPad and say “GG” and give them to Grayson.