Monday, Monday: #NaBloPoMo Day 28
November 29, 2016
Things I’m proud of today:
- We bought a new mattress yesterday with the money we got from an unexpected refund check. Our current one is about 9 years old and is so uncomfortable. I can’t wait for the new one to be delivered on Wednesday
- I made myself sit down and read the manual to my new InstantPot and I cooked a whole chicken (in 20 minutes) to have on hand for the week, and I made shrimp and sausage for dinner. So far, the pot has been life-changing, at least for today.
- Instead of watching Gilmore Girls like I really wanted to during naptime, I made 4 phone calls instead- oh the horror. All the calls were concerning Grayson and medical equipment and medications, and I’m glad to have these things checked off my list.
- I cleaned and organized the play room, even though my efforts are pointless as it will inevitably be back to its disastrous state by tomorrow.
Things I’m not so proud of today:
- I abandoned my original post for today because it was giving me a headache and anxiety. Some days I’m just insecure about putting myself out there, and I hate that.
- The house is a mess. Always. Sigh.
- I made grits to go with the shrimp and sausage and they were…bleh.
- Nolan was a cranky mess from about 4:15 on and would not stop crying, even when I held him. Teeth? So I put him in bed with a bottle at 5:30 and he fell right to sleep. My goal of being able to stay in bed until at least 6 am tomorrow is not looking good.
How was your Monday?