Letters to Nolan: 5 Months
February 2, 2016
I love that you were born on the 1st of the month, because every time you turn a new month, it’s like a fresh start. Today, you had a really good day. I can’t say your 4th month was my favorite- lots and lots of crying and trying to make you happy. I think I’m finally starting to figure you out: you need a routine, and lots and lots of rest/sleep at home. You’ve also been seeing the chiropractor. I’m finally seeing a happy, smiley baby for more than just a few fleeting moments at a time. Let’s hope this trend continues!
Nolan, at 5 months you:
– Weigh 13 pounds, 3 ounces
– Wear size 3 month and 3-6 month clothes, and size 1 diaper
– Take both breastmilk and formula, and have almost mastered holding your own bottle (!!!)
– Slept your crib for the first time last night and did great! You have been in the pack and play bassinet since you were born.
– Still sleep best when you are swaddled tight
– Go to bed about 5:30 pm. Wake 1-2 times at night to nurse, but go right back to sleep after. You wake up for the day at 6:00 am but are down for your first nap at 7:00. This has been a lifesaver for all of us.
-Have discovered your hands and they are constantly in your mouth. You suck your thumb occasionally.
-Are just beginning to grab for toys
-Need a haircut, but Daddy is going to need some convincing.
-Think your sister is the funniest and most amazing person ever, and you love your brother too. They both adore you.
-Have been left in the church nursery twice now and did well both times- yay!
Sweet boy, I think we are going to make it. Our days are far from easy but I’m so glad you are mine.