Letters to Nolan: 3 Months
December 2, 2015
Nolan, Nolan, Nolan. Oh how I love you so. You are sweet, cuddly, and definitely a mama’s boy. And I love holding you, nursing you, and being physically close to you. But, oh my goodness, sweet baby, it really is ok to be held by someone else, or God forbid, be by yourself for a few minutes. The last few weeks have been really challenging- you have been really fussy a lot of the time and if it’s possible to hate the car more than you did last month, it’s happening. Thankfully, Daddy’s football season is over so he is home a lot more helping with your brother and sister, so I’m able to (mostly) give you the attention you crave.
Nolan, at 3 months, you:
– Weigh 10 pounds, 10 ounces, up a pound from last month. I’m a little concerned about your size and weight gain, and we have an appointment with the doctor on Friday to see if she’s concerned too.
– Nurse every 2-3 hours during the day and about 2 times during the night.
– Sleep a 6-7 hour stretch at night and then go about 3 hours after that. You don’t nap consistently during the day yet, but that’s my fault. We are usually out of the house most of the day, so I wear you or if I’m lucky you will fall asleep in the car.
– Wear size 1 diapers and size 0-3 month clothes.
– Look like a miniature old man more than a baby.
– Are tracking with your eyes REALLY well, are starting to coo a little, and occasionally roll over from tummy to back.
You just celebrated your first Thanksgiving and will celebrate your first Christmas in a few weeks. This year, I am most thankful for you and what a precious gift from God you are. Happy 3 months sweet little guy.
What a cutie!!!! Enjoy every second :0!