Letters to Charlotte: 1 Month
This is the first of 24 letters I will write you each month up to your second birthday. Yes, you will have to endure taking pictures with these silly stickers for that long. Sorry. And I know each time I write to you, I will want to start with, I can’t believe you are ALREADY _____ months old! Slow down, time!
So, my sweet girl, I can’t believe you are ALREADY one month old! Slow down, time! Seriously, I have loved every day of your first month so much. You are such a sweet, beautiful, good baby that I told your Grammie yesterday you are going to turn me into a baby hoarder. I just love this newborn stage- the smell of your head, the way you arch your back and grunt when you are waking up, your legs that are getting chubbier by the day, and the sweet way you fall asleep on my chest. Let’s just stay here in this stage forever, ok?
But as much as I love this stage you are in, I know that we really can’t stay here forever. You are already growing and changing, and I am determined to enjoy and cherish every step of your childhood.
At one month old you:
- Weigh 8 pounds, 6 ounces and are about 20 inches long
- Are rapidly depleting our stash of newborn diapers and we’ll be switching to size 1 in a few days when we run out
- Wear newborn size clothes but they’re getting a little snug
- Would eat all the time if I let you. You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours at night. You have gone 5 hours several times though
- Suck your thumb when you can coordinate getting it in your mouth, but also take a pacifier
- Appear to be completely healthy
- Love being held and cuddled
Charlotte, you are so, so loved- by your Mommy and Daddy, your brother, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and countless friends who have prayed for you and celebrated your arrival. You are one special little lady who has made my heart explode with love and joy this month. We have a lot of stress and worry in our family, but you are an amazing light in that darkness. I thank God for the unexpected and wonderful gift of you, my daughter. I hope you will always know how special and loved you are.