A Few of My Favorite Things
‘Tis the Season. We’ve had quite a bit going on lately, and especially this year, I am really trying to focus on making Christmas about family, friends, giving to others, and celebrating the birth of Jesus. I am avoiding the mall at all costs, and am really hoping that presents and “stuff” remain at the bottom of my priority list next Sunday. This December, I do have some Christmas things that I am loving- a hodgepodge, really- some from my own life, some links others have shared or blog posts I have read. Enjoy!
- A friend of mine posted this video on FB and I just love it. It says exactly what I want my Christmas to be.
- Christmas Cards. I absolutely love getting mail in December and receiving everyone’s bright cards with pictures their cute kids and pets. I also love sending out cards of my own- this year, we took family pictures at Waggin’ Tails and they turned out so well I decided to use several of them for our card. Although Grayson still had his NG tube at the time, I think it shows our “real” life and where we are right now. The Baker family 2011 card:
- This blog post. These days sometimes I feel like I’m in a stable too.
- This song. It’s just beautiful.
- Goodwill Towards Men. I’ve mentioned it before, but I am so grateful for the kindness and generosity shown to our family these past few months. So many people are so incredibly good.
- Christmas Cookies. Ok, so I haven’t actually made any cookies this year, but how cute is G-Man tasting his first cookie dough during therapy on Friday? He loved it!
- LIGHTS! Grayson loves lights and anything shiny, so he is all about Christmas decorations and lights. In therapy, we are working on cause and effect- we are borrowing a machine that hooks up to Christmas lights and when he pushes a button, the lights come on. It’s been really neat to watch him figure out how it works. He gets so proud of himself when he turns on those lights.
- And, last, for a good laugh, watch this:
Merry Christmas Friends! I hope this coming week brings you peace and joy and minimal holiday stress!