A Few of My Favorite Things
‘Tis the Season. We’ve had quite a bit going on lately, and especially this year, I am really trying to focus on making Christmas about family, friends, giving to others, and celebrating the birth of Jesus. I am avoiding the mall at all costs, and am really hoping that presents and “stuff” remain at the bottom of my priority list next Sunday. This December, I do have some Christmas things that I am loving- a hodgepodge, really- some from my own life, some links others have shared or blog posts I have read. Enjoy!
- A friend of mine posted this video on FB and I just love it. It says exactly what I want my Christmas to be.
Simple Christmas @WoodsEdge from WoodsEdgeMedia on Vimeo.
- Christmas Cards. I absolutely love getting mail in December and receiving everyone’s bright cards with pictures their cute kids and pets. I also love sending out cards of my own- this year, we took family pictures at Waggin’ Tails and they turned out so well I decided to use several of them for our card. Although Grayson still had his NG tube at the time, I think it shows our “real” life and where we are right now. The Baker family 2011 card:
- This blog post. These days sometimes I feel like I’m in a stable too.
- This song. It’s just beautiful.
- Goodwill Towards Men. I’ve mentioned it before, but I am so grateful for the kindness and generosity shown to our family these past few months. So many people are so incredibly good.
- Christmas Cookies. Ok, so I haven’t actually made any cookies this year, but how cute is G-Man tasting his first cookie dough during therapy on Friday? He loved it!
- LIGHTS! Grayson loves lights and anything shiny, so he is all about Christmas decorations and lights. In therapy, we are working on cause and effect- we are borrowing a machine that hooks up to Christmas lights and when he pushes a button, the lights come on. It’s been really neat to watch him figure out how it works. He gets so proud of himself when he turns on those lights.
- And, last, for a good laugh, watch this:
Merry Christmas Friends! I hope this coming week brings you peace and joy and minimal holiday stress!
Lovely post. G has good taste, I love cookie dough too!!!! Too cute with those lights, love it. Hope you have a peaceful week too!!
omg i loved that jimmy kimmel challenge. i saw the halloween one too but the Christmas one was even better!!!!!you guys have a super cute Christmas card!love the new photos of Grayson! Blaine loves lights too. we took him to see a house that had their lights set to music and he SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER the whole drive there [20 min LOL] but then sat and watched the lights for an hour. hilarious.
You know what a few of my favorite things are this Christmas? You, your sweet boy, and watching my son's face light up when he sees the photo of Hank and Grayson on your Christmas card!