Happy 5 Months sweet boy! We have had a GREAT few weeks- I have seen Grayson change dramatically since my last “month” post. Also, all 3 of our therapists have said that Grayson is a totally different baby than when we started therapy! This is a huge encouragement to me, because sometimes doing his “work” is no fun at all!
This month Grayson has started:
- Tracking with his eyes- he will follow a rattle or toy as long as I move it very slowly and it makes some sort of noise
- Rolling over back to tummy- he’s only done this a few times, but he’s proven he can do it! In fact, this is how I found him in his crib one morning last week!
- “Talking”- we carry on “conversations” all day- he is quite the chatterbox!
- YELLING- he’s figured out that sometimes a (very loud) AAAAAHHHHH right in Mommy’s ear is more effective than crying
- Laughing- my favorite
- Tolerating tummy time- he’s getting better every day. His goal is 2 minutes/4 times a day on his tummy without fussing. Most days we reach that goal.
And his most amazing accomplishment…just last night, on the eve of his 5 month birthday….drumrolll…
HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of him, and he woke up in a great mood (and I was in a great mood too, being all well rested)
|Holding the bell at music class
In other 5 month news, just because I need to document this stuff: Grayson weighs 12 pounds, 12 ounces and is eating 4-5 ounces/feeding. He is still wearing size 1 diapers and mostly 0-3 month clothes, although I do put him in some 6 month things that are a little big. Last Friday at our Tiny Tots and Tunes music class, I put the little bell in his hand and he actually held onto it and brought it to his mouth! He has never done that before! He hasn’t done it since, but is started to hold onto rings and small objects I put in his hand. He loves his “crinkle” (the shiny mylar paper we use for his vision work) and will grab it and move it to his mouth. He isn’t reaching at toys yet, but his therapist told me yesterday she thinks it won’t be long before he starts doing that!
Grayson is going bald! Look at the difference in his newborn hair and his 5 month hair. I know it will come back, but eek!
I can’t believe my Little Man is almost half a year old! In some ways I’m sad, but it’s so exciting to see him growing, changing and let’s face it- just becoming more and more adorable!