Letters to Nolan: 17 Months
Wow, January really flew by! The first snuck up on me today, and I didn’t realize until late afternoon that you turned 17 months old today. We did some quick photos on the couch; thankfully you were in a great mood and giggled as I tried to make you sit still for more than half a second at a time. These days, I can hardly keep up with you. You are constantly moving, either running, climbing, or flipping your body away from me as I try to get you dressed. Your mouth moves as fast as your body; I think you may rival your sister in talking as soon as you learn how to string words together.
Nolan, at 17 months you:
- Weigh 24 pounds, 13 ounces
- Wear size 18 month clothing, size 5 shoe and size 4 diaper
- Still have only 4 teeth, but I think one of the top ones may be about to poke through
- Are starting to say a few more actual words, and you constantly babble, grunt, and point.
- Have a really quick temper and have started hitting, pulling hair, and biting when you don’t get your way. We are going to have to nip this in the bud, bud.
- Have no separation anxiety and love going to the church nursery, MOPS, and are fine being left with babysitters
- Had your first ER visit last week. You were in respiratory distress at urgent care and they sent us to the hospital. You were diagnosed with Hand, Foot Mouth, given a breathing treatment and a steroid, and 24 hours later you were good as new.
- Love to torment your sister by taking her things and running away, but you also adore her and always want to be near her.
- Love your brother and will give him hugs and kisses when you see him
- Are still a pretty terrible sleeper, but I guess we are just used to it by now. Sigh.